Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just a Regular Life Update - With Some Tangents

So this is just a life update...no theme to this post. Just Marc.

Went to the 13th Annual Ballast Point Brewery Beer Festival on Saturday down at Liberty Station with some great friends...it was awesome. Despite it being quite hot (we hit the jackpot with a bench in the shade), we had a great time, and definitely took advantage of the TEN tastings that are offered with the price of admission (a respectable and relatively affordable $25). There were breweries from all over San Diego, including some I had never heard of, and some great new beers! I recommend this event to anyone who enjoys a good brew and a fun outside environment.

Next up - November 6th, San Diego Brewers Guild Beer Festival at the World Beat Center. Went there two years ago, and it was a great time. Check it out!

Other than that, I am officially settled into my new place. I got a brand new sectional "L-Shaped" couch, blew up and framed some of my photography for the walls, and feel like it's actually my place and completed! I love the place, and am very happy with the relative proximity to work and the freeways. So yay for that.

Thanksgiving is coming up, so I'm excited to make my (what has become) annual trek up to San Francisco to see the bro and sis. This is my favorite trip every year, not as much for the holiday as goofing off with the sibs. I'm the baby of the three, and I make sure I act like it (and if I don't, they don't hesitate to remind me).

A few posts ago I established some new goals for myself to stay motivated and do the things that I enjoy, with no excuses. I know some of you have stayed on me about this (THANK YOU!), so I thought I'd let my loyal readers (cuz I know all of you have bookmarked my blog and check it religiously three times/day) know how I fared in Week One.

Refresher Course on 3 Goals (including this week's outcome):

1) SURF ONCE A WEEK
-Surfed Campgrounds on Saturday from 7:00-9:30am
2) RUN 3 TIMES/WEEK
-Ran Sunday afternoon, Thursday morning, and planning on running this afternoon (will confirm later)
-UPDATE - Yep, ran Sunday afternoon
3) NEVER PUT CAMERA DOWN
-Shot night photography Tuesday & Friday, shot sunset Saturday

Sorry if this was a boring post for you readers or if it was lacking sufficient rants and ravings about random pet peeves...but it's my blog, not yours! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment