Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little Annoyances...Re-Visited

So recently I have thought of some more little things that drive me bonkers. You know how people always say "It's the little things in life..."? Like it's those things that get us through the day? Well, that may be true, but they can ALSO make the day WAY longer.

RANDOM THINGS THAT DRIVE ME BONKERS

1) When you go to sit down in a stall in a public restroom with multiple stalls and you realize there is GAPING hole between the door and the side wall so ANYONE that walks in can see you in all your glory. How difficult is it to seal that with a 6-inch vertical piece of plastic?! Holy hell.

2) When the rain flips up my umbrella. I am no engineer, but how is it that we still have these wimpy, thin-metal spoked umbrellas with paper thin cloth? Usually when it's rainy, it's windy too. Put the two together and gimme a WINDBRELLA! Geez.

3) When you are obviously busy and someone comes up and says "I know you're busy and you've got tons of people coming up to you...but..." and then proceed to ask a completely innocuous, unimportant question. They try to preface their statement by telling you how much they understand/recognize your situation...and then add to the problem. If it's important, I totally am fine with it. But otherwise, I hate to break it to you, you're just like everyone else, regardless of how eloquently you word it...(another version of this is when someone says "I don't really care about this, but..." and then gives a dissertation about some issue. If you're telling me, you care.)

4) Their.....There.....They're..... Not that hard people.
(Example - I want to go to their house over there, but they're not home.)

5)When I e-mail someone, and they respond back with "Dear Mark...". My e-mails have a signature line...how hard is it to spell my name as it appears IN FRONT OF YOU.

6) 110% effort is not possible.

That's it for now (although I think we all know there is probably more where that came from)

No comments:

Post a Comment