Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas...(from the office)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

In the middle of some crazy stuff, but thought this would be a good time to take a quick break and thank all of you for being such wonderful friends. If there's one thing this year has taught me, it is that my life would not be nearly as rich and exciting without the love and support of all of my friends and family. Often times we forget to acknowledge the effect our friends have on our lives, but I want to let all of you know right now that you mean everything to me. I consider myself a relatively upbeat, outgoing, enthusiastic person...and I credit all of that to you. You make my life exciting and worth living, and I appreciate each of your individual roles in my life.

WORK UPDATE
Poinsettia Bowl went great. Our radio air-waves were dead all night, meaning there were no issues with people trying to get hold of someone to fix the problem. I actually had to check the batteries on my radio numerous times because I was convinced there was no way the game was running that smoothly from a logistical standpoint.

The game was weird. Cal jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead with two touchdowns in 11 seconds, but then Utah scored 27 unanswered points to take control, but then Cal battled for a bit before Utah put it away late in the 4th quarter. Good game that was close enough to get some good ESPN television ratings late into the game.

CHRISTMAS UPDATE
Had two Christmases so far today! Mom's for X-Mas eve and this morning (home-made cinnamon rolls, ambrosia and orange juice), then Dad's for lunch (ham, potatoes, green beans, fruit, crescent rolls). Now I'm at the office, and about to go to airport and hotel for Nebraska team arrival at 7:30pm tonight. After that, I'm off to Miss Julie's to have my third Christmas in one day!

I hope all of you are doing well! And I promise, after Wednesday (Holiday Bowl), I will have a life again!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, buddy. We have something for you. Come by sometime or ask Tom to bring it if you have plans with him.

    ReplyDelete