Tuesday, December 8, 2009

LIFE UPDATE!!

Sorry for the delay in posting!

Things are crrrrrrazy at work right now. We announced the Holiday and Poinsettia Bowl teams this past Sunday, so we're all out from now until Dec. 30th. And the teams are:

Poinsettia Bowl - Utah vs. California (Dec. 23rd)
Holiday Bowl - Arizona vs. Nebraska (Dec. 30th)

Worked most of the weekend, but was still able to get out a bit and see friends. Went out to dinner Friday night to "When In Rome" (I highly recommend this place), and had a wonderful evening with great food, which was only topped by the company. A recap of the phenomenal meal:

-Silver Palms Cabernet Sauvignon (Santa Rosa) - Great bottle of wine. Full-bodied, not too fruity, great aroma, and great dinner wine.
-Cheese Plate - Great selection of thinly sliced salamis and meats mixed with some great soft cheeses. Can't remember the cheeses we had, but it was a great appetizer.
-Split an order of ravioli (we had 3-4 each)...in maybe the most phenomenal sauce I have ever had. Super rich, super addicting, and if I wasn't in a nice establishment, I probably would have licked the plate clean.
-Had an order of Tuscan Chicken (Pollo Toscana)...and it was realllly good. Chicken topped with asparagus and cheese. MMMMMMMM.
-Tiramisu - I don't like tiramisu...and this was really good.

Spent Saturday with some friends at Oggi's...just pizza and beer (can't go wrong there). I got good friends.

Other than the two games, tomorrow night is my biggest event of the year, so needless to say I have a lot to do and am a little amped up...but I don't like leaving this blog unattended (especially for all you eking by every day just WAITING for me to post some inspirational comments).

So today, I thought I'd use a line I made up when I was in 7th grade, and have used it ever since:

"Success comes before try only in the dictionary"

So simple, so corny, so 7th grade. Yet, so true.

3 comments:

  1. It should read,
    I have good friends.
    Irregardless hope all goes well for the games. Call me soon bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogland, Msaw! With your recent restaurant review, will this become the San Diego rival of TwoDC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear when in rome was good! that's the site of family christmas eve dinner this year. hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete