Monday, November 9, 2009

Business Time...Need My Business Socks.

Yep, it's business time people (both in the work sense and Flight of the Conchords sense...).

Work is getting ker-aaazy! Once November 1st hits, as most of you know, it's balls to the wall through December 31st. Lots of meetings in the office, meeting outside of the office, conference calls, phone calls...and most of all, E-MAILS GALORE! Holy hell, I go from staring at my Outlook wondering when my daily Spam Quarantine notification is gonna pop up as my only e-mail of the day...to just struggling to READ all of my e-mails by the end of the day.

We still don't know who will be playing in the Poinsettia or Holiday Bowls, and the way this college football season is going (ugh, Stanford, where did you come from?), we might not know until the final day of the season! That makes for an exciting football season for Joe-Fan, but it makes it a heck of a lot harder in the office for planning. All the work gets crazy when we know the teams, and the longer it takes for us to announce our teams, the longer we have to wait for all our planning to get underway.

Went to Naked Cafe in Solana Beach for the first time on Sunday morning. First off, I had no idea that place was even there (tucked away in a random alley across from Fletcher Cove)., but that made me like it that much more. I really liked the atmosphere with the bamboo-thatched roof, the eco-friendly stance of the restaurant, and of course, the beach proximity. As for the food, we ordered blueberry pancakes and soy-chorizo burritos, and both were phenomenal. This could certainly become a more frequent food stop on the Sawyer Dining Circuit.

A simple night with a couple friends Saturday night turned into what resembled a high school reunion at 1st Street Bar, when two friends turned into about twenty. That night reminded me of the different pockets of friends I have, and how I need to do a better job keeping in touch with everyone. We can always have the excuse of being too busy, but in all honesty, there are 7 nights/week, and going sometimes months at a time without talking to friends is really unacceptable. I have already made a more concerted effort this week to not be that friend that falls by the wayside "cuz we just lost touch". So for those of you reading this, let's make it happen!

This is sister's last week of her old job before she moves to her new post at Google. She is AMPED. Mom is officially retired and loved her first week of catching up with friends. She is also AMPED.

OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS:
-I really wanna go see the Michael Jackson movie...is it even out anymore?
-I am going to Hodad's (claimed to have some of the best burgers in San Diego) on Wednesday for lunch, so I am very excited for this delectable lunch excursion.
-Surfed Saturday and froze my ASS off (with wetsuit). When did the Pacific become the Atlantic?
-Chargers are a LUCKY football team. However, I do think Vincent Jackson is one of the most underrated receivers in the NFL.

1 comment: