Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Marc Discusses...

EARTHQUAKES IN SAN DIEGO
So Monday night I was out with Tristen at Wine Steals in Hillcrest, enjoying a nice (read: cheap) bottle of wine and catching up. As many of you know, we experienced an earthquake that night, and it was of relatively large magnitude. As we sat there, the chandeliers started shaking, the glass doors were flexing, the wine bottles were clinking, the menu boards on the wall were rattling, and the hanging men's and women's bathroom signs were swaying. And what were the clientele doing?

NOTHING! Tristen looked at me, I nodded at her to acknowledge that I felt it, and we just continued on with our conversation. Every other person in the place was just smiling and talking saying "OMG, did you feel that too? So weird! You want another glass of wine?"

Only in San Diego. Not a single person bolted for the door frame, ducked under a table, or even stopped drinking their wine. Tristen looked at me and said "Wow, do you realize none of us even cared about what just happened?" Natural disasters apparently don't do it for us San Diegans. Totally bizarre. We will never know when it's big enough to take cover. I hope that day never comes. Random (somewhat morbid) thought, but it was worth bringing up.

MOVIE CONVERSATIONS
I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm actually about to make a plug for my two friends' podcast. These two nutjobs (Tom & Joel) drive me absolutely bonkers with their endless arguments, "Would You Rather" games and limitless sports knowledge. And now I'm encouraging you to subject yourself to it.

Tom & Joel have taken it upon themselves to take their insanely bizarre movie knowledge and even more ridiculous discussion topics to the airwaves. If you are a movie buff, or if you enjoy movies, and you also enjoy (mostly) witty banter, I highly recommend listening to my buddies, Tom & Joel on their FREE podcast called "Movie Conversations". Just go on iTunes and search "Movie Conversations". Click here to view their website. Oh, and I get a major shout-out in the "Jim Carrey" episode.

*WARNING* - These guys are ridiculous. Witty as all hell. Extremely knowledgeable about movies. Often times crude. Most certainly inappropriate. If you are easily offended, or don't like the occasional profanity-laced tirade, or don't think purposely discriminatory jokes are funny, this might not be for you. I know I like it, but that may be because they are my friends and since I know how they are, I can relate to their humor. I DEFINITELY can vouch for the hilarity of their ability to bring a joke full circle hours after mentioning it for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment