Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And So It Begins...

The summer of travel craziness has officially begun! Now, I know compared to the ridiculous travel schedules of my good friends Branden and Jenn, it appears like I'm probably never even leaving my apartment. But despite that fact, by MY standards, this summer has turned into quite the happening few months! A few of the highlights:

SUMMER SCHEDULE
4th of July - Paso Robles/Grass Valley/Redding (July)
California Wine Festival - Santa Barbara (July)
Julie Half-Marathon - Chicago (August)
Alex Thibeault Wedding - San Francisco (August)
Tom Dillon Wedding - San Diego (September)
UCLA vs. Texas Football - Texas (September)


WORLD CUP
Really enjoying the World Cup, although I do not like the new overtime rules. I despise the two mandatory overtime periods, and really wish they would do sudden death "golden goal" to decide the winner. You score, you win. End of story.

Germany looks really good, as do Argentina and Brazil. Today's Portugal vs Spain game should be good. My money's on David Villa and Spain.

My new favorite player to watch: Diego Forlan, Uruguay. Great hair. Oh, and he can play too.

COLLEGE WORLD SERIES (UCLA)
After a great win to make it to the College World Series, UCLA took a bad loss last night to open the best-of-three series against South Carolina. We need to rebound to win the next two. But we've got the pitching. I like the Bruins in three games.

SAN DIEGO PADRES
I believe. There, I said it. They have the pitching to do it. I don't know if they will acquire another good bat (I doubt it), but I think this team will win the NL West. That is my only prediction for now. But they are legit people. Ya better start believin'.

OTHER RANDOM NOTES
1) The ocean is warming up big time. Surfed Sunday/Monday and never felt a tinge of cold.
2) Work is officially slow as hell. But it's that time of year. Hence the vacation time.
3) I played golf yesterday at Mt. Woodson and had 9 pars. Never done that in a round at a par-72 course. Go me. (And yes, I purposely left my score out of this update, as the other 9 holes were less than impressive)

HAPPY SUMMER PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment