Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What Ever Happened to...

I'd like to introduce a new blog segment on Livin the Dream called "What Ever Happened to...?" where I ask about someone who used to be popular (or well-known enough) who has potentially fallen off the face of the earth. Or even better, is still popular in the world, thus further proving how "un-hip" I am.

For this week's edition, I ask...

What Ever Happened to...Tatyana Ali?!

Now, most of you that are my age probably know her as cute little Ashley Banks from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and rightfully so.  But when I think of Tatyana Ali... 

This is what I remember...(click the image, I promise it won't disappoint)



Talk about an old-school jam! I mean, just that "bow-bow-bow" beat still gets me 15 years later! Girl had some old school, wannabe dance-moves, a great sound engineer, and some fly-girls, and that's all she needed to create this gem, which, for the record, peaked at #6 on the Billboard Top 100 in 1998.

Oh, and by the way, she has her Bachelor's Degree from Harvard, was a spokesperson for Obama in his 2008 campaign, and now finds herself acting with the Wayans Brothers (Craig & Damien) in Second Generation Wayans on BET.

So overall, I'd say she is..."daydreamin" about 1998.

Who says I can't make jokes?

P.S. - Today's post dedicated to Tom B.

No comments:

Post a Comment