Friday, May 10, 2013

My Current Obsession - Music

I have been listening to a lot of different genres of music lately, and have created some pretty awesome Pandora stations in the process.

My go-to station right now is Pinback. I know, I know...not exactly current or hip for 2013. But nonetheless, the music that comes out of the Pinback Pandora station is perfect for everything...sitting at desk at work, driving home, going for a run (not that I do that, but I imagine it would be great for that too).

And before I get into the new bands I've found, I find it necessary to give a shout-out to my musical adviser, former roommate and fort-extraordinaire, Matt C, who introduced me to Pinback many moons ago. I mean, who doesn't love this song...

Pinback - Penelope



I have "discovered" some great bands along the way. Granted, they are all pretty mainstream to people who listen to this type of music, but I have never in my life claimed to be hip at all, so this is all very exciting for me. Here's a list of some of my favorite bands I've been exposed to over the past few months (and a sample song from each):

The Xx - The Islands

Ratatat - Loud Pipes

Little People - Basique

Blackmill - Spirit of Life

But by far, my favorite new song that I've been exposed to is from Martin Solveig. This song rocks. Enjoy...

Martin Solveig - The Night Out


So yeah, that's what I've been listening to. Any other bands I should check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment