Friday, April 13, 2012

Observations

1) My Padres suck. I made sure to put "my" in there so you all could see I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. I have always been and will always be a hardcore Padres fan, but over the last 3-4 years their team has been utterly bad. Actually, it's not just that they're bad...they're boring. After losing or trading players like Adrian Gonzalez, Heath Bell, Mat Latos, and Jake Peavy, not bringing a bona fide hitter, and the incredibly ridiculous ownership-saga currently going on...there's not much to root for these days at Petco Park. Guess I'll just keep going to games to hope to see Cameron Maybin prove he's worth his outlandish contract, or to see if Nick Hundley can go "oh-for" the whole season (currently 0-19).

Nick Hundley, Hitless

2) I am obsessed with golf. I've always enjoyed playing and watching golf, but in the last 6-8 months, I've really become fully enamored with the sport. I'm playing as much as I can (which isn't nearly enough, but hey, sh*t's expensive!), and am really enjoying every hole, even if it ends with having to sink a 10-footer to save my triple-bogey. Played golf at twilight last night, and I forgot how much fun it is to play and try and beat the darkness.

3) This summer, I am committed to conquering my fear of overcooking food on the barbecue. Now, for the record, I have a great barbecue and have cooked many a good meal on there (including last week's burgers and grilled soy-garlic mushrooms), but every time I pull that sucker out of the shed, I worry about under or over cooking the meat. I have always had a fear of cooking for other people (including Julie), because I don't want to give them crappy food when they are relying on it as a meal. But alas, unless I get my buddy "B" from TwoDC to come down to San Diego and be my personal BBQ-expert (still crossing my fingers on this one), I figured it's about time to just grill up a storm and screw up a meal or two and learn from it and move on!

4) I am guessing by this time next year, I will be officially more excited about pro hockey than pro basketball. I am starting to really enjoy the skating and puck-handling in the NHL playoffs, and I am sickened by the NBA and all the constant drama that surrounds it. So look out world, Marc might have to finally go to his first pro hockey game soon!

5) This time last year, none of my friends had babies. Now there are four new munchkin-babies running around with a 5th coming in a few months. WTF?! I'm not even ready for a DOG!

6) My metabolism has officially slowed down. For those of you that know me well, you know how sad of a day this is for me to admit. I can't eat like the old days...the tummy just shuts down after a certain amount of eating. So now I can only eat five of my Mom's homemade tacos, not eight. Major bummer.

1 comment: