Friday, March 23, 2012

Predictions, Padres & Potpourri

PREDICTIONS!
When it comes to March Madness, I should really stop trying to make predictions. For over 15 years now I have filled out a bracket as part of a family-pool, and last year was the first time I had ever won it. This is surprising, considering I know arguably ten times more about college basketball than anyone else in the family (especially the girls, who still base their picks off uniform colors, "prettiness" of the name, and if their coach has a nice face). And yet here we stand, with my lifetime bracket record of (1-16).

Coming off my strong win last year, I hoped to repeat as champion in 2012. Well, let's just say that after the first weekend of play, I had already lost two Final Four teams (#2 Missouri and #3 Florida State) and was not exactly in a position of power. FML.

PADRES!
I'm off to Spring Training this weekend! Me and three buddies are driving out to Peoria, AZ for the weekend to watch the Padres play a couple games, as well as to enjoy the previously mentioned NCAA Tournament games. I haven't been out to spring training in almost 10 years, so I'm excited to go back and enjoy it as an adult. Cheap seats, cheap(er) beer, peanuts and inappropriate guy humor...and of course, grunting the whole time like Tim "The Toolman" Taylor.
POTPOURRI
1) I love daylight savings time.

2) Lots of weddings this year (including Livin the Dream!). As of right now, I believe we have been invited to SEVEN weddings. Schnikeys! It's a good thing I was born with dancing shoes on!

3) Livin the Dream has a new #1 fan! Born February 19, 2012 to best friend Tom and wife Heidi - ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Paxton Dillon!

#1 Blog Fan - Paxton Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment