Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Long Time, No Post!

Yikes! 16 days since the last post? Alas, I make no excuses.

Have I thought about posting during that time? Well, I have acknowledged the fact that I haven't posted over the last two weeks, but have not had the urge nor the motivation to post in that time. So am I sorry? Actually, yes! I got to respect my readers!

But enough of that crap!

WHERE I'VE BEEN
I have returned from my summer trips to San Francisco and Chicago, and am now home (San Diego) until late September! I won't detail each and every waking minute of our awesome trips, but suffice to say Julie and I had a phenomenal couple weeks exploring Chicago, seeing family in Chicago, being part of a beautiful wedding in Pleasanton at Wente Vineyard, and seeing family in SF as well! If that wasn't enough of a recap for you, go ahead and visit my Facebook page (only if you are my friend, no stalkers please) for some photo evidence of said journeys.

Yes, you read that right...I am actually posting photos on Facebook! Someone recently told me "You take all these photos, but do nothing with them...what's the point?" I had no argument. Thus my posting photos on FB began.

WHERE I AM NOW
1) Football season is just around the corner, so work is ramping up. I'm ready to see how the Pac-10 and Big 12 compete this year, especially with all the crazy expansion talk on the periphery. This is when my job gets fun!

2) I have joined my first fantasy football league. I'm already overwhelmed with drafts, trades, player rankings, and waivers. Not to mention the specific rules my league has instituted, which includes not being able to draft any players who attended U$C, or any pro defenses whose best player went to U$C. Yep, we're Bruins.

3) I have gone back to my normal 8-hour days, 5 days a week work-weeks. The 10-hour day work-weeks with every Monday off were nice, but I soon realized it essentially barred me from being able to run and/or surf. 7:30am-6:00pm didn't leave much wiggle room, so I decided to get back in the groove of normal weeks, with some athletic activity on the side.

4) The last point was also influenced by the fluctuating nature of my waist size...

WHERE I WILL GO
1) I'm getting really excited for Tom's wedding coming up in just over 3 weeks (not to mention the bachelor party)! He has made the mistake of making me best man...which means I get the microphone. Oh Tom, you have no idea what you've done.

2) September 6-17th is our annual Hole-in-One Shootout out at Stadium Golf Center. I will dedicate a post to this sometime this week. But for now, just know I work at a driving range for 10 days. Life is rough.

3) Julie and I are moving! First week of September we begin our house-party (yep, you read right - HOUSE) in Solana Beach! I can't even BEGIN to tell you all the amazing things about our place, but we are stoked! Holla at a playa.

4) Texas. Texas. Texas. This year's annual UCLA reunion journeys to one of the hearts of college football - the University of Texas. Our Bruins make the trek to Austin to take on the Longhorns, and we will be there, with bells on (no, not really - I feel like with my past track record as a fan I need to refute such rumors).

Ok, I'm back in the blogging-saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment