Wednesday, February 17, 2010

March, Where Are You?!

Man, January and February have been jam-packed! I love being busy and going on trips, but I am REALLY looking forward to March when I have no set trips!

That being said, I've had a great past few weeks (hence the lack of frequent posting on the blog). Julie and I have made our way to wine tasting in Kenwood (Sonoma), friend's birthday in Orange County, UCLA basketball in Los Angeles, engagement party in San Francisco, and this weekend on our way to Palm Desert for annual Board of Directors retreat! Not to mention a ton of stuff locally in San Diego!

A few random events/thoughts from the past few weeks:

1) While in S.F. for 2 days, Julie and I ran into 3 people (on 3 different occasions) we knew from our past. Only in S.F....so bizarre.

2) I can no longer rip on my sister for not being able to cook. She cooked us dinner Sunday night, and I did not die.

3) If you are looking for a really awesome, unique new band to to get behind and support, look up Swingset Committee. This is my buddy Andrew's band, and I REALLY like their style. When I asked him how to classify their genre, Andrew said "If I had to say, I guess it would be electronic-Indy." Don't let that jade you. I would say they are a unique fusion of Postal Service and MGMT. I give them 2 thumbs up (and not cuz I know them).

4) Started the local bowling league again through VAVi at East Village Tavern. If you are ever looking for a cool, non-threatening way to meet new people your age, but not awkward, I highly recommend VAVi bowling. Great venue, fun leagues, good service, and definitely a cool vibe of seeing the same people every week (6-10 teams of 6 bowlers each). Do it with some friends, but allow some open spots so you can have some random "free agents" join up with you)! Am I biased because I met my girlfriend this way? NOT AT ALL.....

5) Going hiking this weekend at Indian Canyons in Palm Desert. Looks like they have some pretty sweet trails/streams/waterfalls...anybody familiar with the area?


Oh yeah, and how awesome is the weather?!

No comments:

Post a Comment