Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Padres, House, and Stuff

PADRES LAST GASP COMES UP SHORT
Well, they didn't do it.

They made a valiant effort to salvage September, but in the end, the San Diego Padres couldn't right the ship after their abysmal 10-game losing streak to start the final month of the season, or the three home losses to the Cubs leading up to the Giants series.

They won those first two, and we all had our hearts in our throats, myself included. I was so excited about the game, I did the only thing I could think of...book a flight to San Francisco and go to the final game of the season to see the Padres fight for a playoff berth. That's right, I spent $350 to watch my team get shutout on the final day of the regular season in San Francisco. And I have no regrets.

I won't get into the whole recap of the game (for your benefit), but suffice to say that the biggest hit of the game came from the Giants' starting pitcher...yes, the pitcher.

Like I said last post, they weren't expected to even be a contender, much less be competitive to the final day of the season. I appreciate their effort, and am interested to see what they do this off-season. They got some work to do.

HOUSE!
For the most part, Julie and I are settled into our new place in Solana Beach. The furniture is in, the photos are hung, and the cable and Internet are working. We have some small projects here and there (fire pits, patio furniture, outside lighting) that will last for a while, but that's the fun part. And knowing me, there will always be something to work on.

BAR OF THE MONTH - MCCAFFREY'S
We have also recently discovered McCaffrey's, a local pub in Solana Beach within walking distance of our place. Love this place! Old school bartenders with button-up white shirts, black bar aprons and waxed curly mustaches! They have a free pool table (so they can control who plays and people don't dominate the table), TV's, couches and fun Irish paintings/art on wall. And they have Harp on tap, which makes Marc a happy boy!


I'm slowly getting back into this blog thing...keep readin', and I'll keep writin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment