Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marc's Thoughts

1) Poor Baron Davis. He goes from playing with Blake Griffin and the upstart Clippers, to being traded to the lowly Cavaliers, fresh off a 26-game losing streak.

Now, I know Baron is his own worst enemy (or to be specific, his stomach is his worst enemy) and has been known to quit on teams, but I don't care who you are...that trade sucks.

2) I'm bummed. For about three months I've been planning on going to the Clippers vs. Nuggets game in L.A. this weekend. The Nuggets have my two favorite players...Chauncey Billups and Arron Afflalo. I'm still going this weekend...so why am I bummed? Cuz the Nuggets just traded Chauncey to the friggin Knicks (not to mention the third best player in the league - Carmelo Anthony). Thank goodness they still have Afflalo!


3) I officially signed up for the Rock n Roll Half-Marathon in San Diego on June 5th. So now I have no excuses not to run since I need to train. Running started up this week...we'll see how that goes.

4) For Valentine's Day, I bought Julie a new game for Wii. It's called "Wipeout", and it's based off the show on ABC where people jump on those red balls and do other random tasks and inevitable get pummeled the whole show. This game is ridiculously fun. Not only do you get to watch your friends get absolutely ruined going through the course, but the game offers players the ability to throw balls at the others while they try to navigate the course. If you hit 'em, you send them flying in the air and they have to start over. I can't tell you how awesome it feels to absolutely tag Julie's player in the face right before she's about to finish the course. Now that is love.

5) For my Valentine's Day present, Julie got me the coolest gift ever. Back in January, we went on a tour of Anchor Steam Brewery, and in the tasting room, I saw this sign:

I thought it was the coolest sign ever, and wanted it so incredibly bad for the man-cave (by now I would hope you loyal readers know that our house has a room we call "the man-cave"). Well, sure enough, on V-Day I opened my gift from Julie and lo and behold, there it was! She found it online and purchased it for me! I heart her. (Not to be outdone, Julie bought a second sign to appease her Star Trek love, which reads "Beer Me Up Scotty!" - so lame!)

That's all for now - sorry for the lack of posting. I haven't been too busy, I've just had nothing to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment