Thursday, March 10, 2011

MARCH MADNESS!

I love March Madness.

I actually forgot how much I love March Madness.

I'm already watching conference tournament games on ESPN3.com, and I don't even care who wins. But the style of basketball immediately changes when March hits. Every basket is contested. Every game is close. Every big name school has a target on their back. Inevitably some small school grows a huge set of balls and makes a deep run in their respective tournament (so far I'm enjoying watching Colorado of the Big 12). And all of a sudden every game comes down to free throws, clock management, and a fadeaway jumper for the win (for today's dose, go watch UConn's Kemba Walker destroy Pitt's defender on the final play).

I am taking next Thursday and Friday off with my buddies to watch the opening round of the tournament (and don't waste my time with the whole "That's technically not the opening round anymore cuz the field is 68 teams and there are two play-in-games" crap) and I'm already counting down the hours.

UCLA is looking like a not-so-fun matchup for anyone in the tournament. They have good size, and they are streaky. I'm looking forward to them prepping themselves in the Pac-10 tournament, and then having intense games in the NCAA Tournament. Yep, I said games, plural.

My prediction:

UCLA will be a #7-seed
UCLA will beat the #10 seed in first round
UCLA will face either Pitt, Notre Dame or North Carolina in 2nd round
(that's all for my predictions for now)

I AM SO AMPED! LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

1 comment: