Monday, April 5, 2010

Sports, Running, Earthquakes...Oh My!

RANDOM ASSORTMENT OF TOPICS...

This is one of my favorite weeks in sports, for obvious reasons:

NCAA Final Four & National Championship Game!
The Butler vs. Michigan State game was awesome. The Duke vs. West Virginia game was not so awesome...especially after watching the incredibly gruesome ACL injury to the Mountaineers' Da'Sean Butler. Championship game is tonight...Go Butler!


NBA Regular Season Ends!
We all know I get bored by the NBA regular season, but I do look forward to seeing the elite teams play. I have a man-crush on LeBron James, and I think Kobe has ice water in his veins...so I love watching him too. But man, these playoffs last WAY too long.




Baseball Season Begins!
The big question: How many games can the San Diego Padres win with a roster compiled of lifelong minor league players? My answer: way more than you think. I give them at least 74 wins. Stay tuned.



The Masters - Tiger returns!
This week's Masters tournament has to be the most highly anticipated golf tournament of my generation. Tiger is not only choosing to make his return to golf the same week as the most prestigious golf tournament in the world (not to mention the first Major he ever won)...he is trying to WIN. All I want is to see him in red on Sunday. This is gonna be gooooooood.


*******

I'm running four times a week, and surfing at least once a week. Learning how to pace myself for distance running since sister wants me to run a leg in the Rock n Roll Marathon Relay in June. But man, running makes me feel like an old man. I come home sore in every conceivable part of my body: the balls of my feet, my shins, my calves, my quads, my hamstrings, my back and my neck. WTF?! What happened to the days where I would wake up, play hard at recess all day, go home, play roller hockey, baseball, football, hide-and-seek, and homerun derby without anything more than a grass stain?

Thank god I have a cute trainer...makes all the running WAY easier.

*******

Yep, we had an earthquake yesterday. And yep, it rocked my apartment. Five things fell off my bathroom counter (as I stepped out of the shower), and three glasses fell off my kitchen counter. That thing definitely lasted a long time, and I felt three aftershocks in the next hour, and then a really big shake around 4:15am this morning. Crazy stuff.

*******

HAPPY SPORTS WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment