Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My apologies for the long gap between blog posts. I have no real excuse, I haven't been too busy. Apparently I just wasn't in my oh-so-witty and insightful writing mood...

RANDOM UPDATES FROM MY LIFE

a) My golf game has gone to shi*. Period.

b) Laura (co-worker) got married last Friday, and is now in her final week at the office before she and her husband move to Oahu (life is REALLY rough, huh?). Had a great time at her wedding (although I'm pretty sure I got shown up on the dance floor by her 80+ year-old grandma). I'm gonna miss Laura a ton, as if this photo doesn't tell you that anyway...


c) I am a crossword puzzle MACHINE. Of the 20 Union Tribune puzzles I have attempted in the last four weeks, I have completed all but four of them. Me = Awesome.

d) Speaking of crossword puzzles, how many of you have read SkyMall on an airplane flight and seen the wall-sized Crossword Puzzle? I want that SO bad (and yes, I am serious).

d) I have been running regularly for four weeks now. Running 4 days/week, and now my trainer/girlfriend has me doing weekend workouts too. Felt like I tweaked my groin last night one minute into the run...not too amped about that...

e) My work's annual Outrigger Challenge & Luau is this Saturday, April 24th out at Crown Point Shores, Mission Bay. This is one of our best events of the year, where roughly 100 teams of five paddle in outrigger canoes out in the bay in a double-elimination style tournament. There is also a luau that has unlimited Hawaiian food (the best in town), and unlimited beer and mai-tai's. A ticket to the luau is $20/person (which is WELL worth it with all the booze and food). If you want to paddle in the races, it's $225/team (and that includes access to the luau and beer garden as well). This event is a day at the beach, and if I wasn't working it, I would definitely take part in it. Let me know if you're interested!


SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE:
Not only are the Padres in first place, they are in first place after defeating the Giants 1-0 nothing last night after getting one...count 'em ONE....hit. The Giants pitcher who one-hit the Friars is also the same guy that NO-hit them last year. Winning a game with a single hit is sad for BOTH teams...it's like winning a football game with 12 yards of total offense...it shouldn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment