Thursday, April 8, 2010

Random Neuron Firings

Today's post is dedicated to whatever comes into my mind while I am typing it:

1) The word "Nuclear"... It is NU-KLEE-ER, not NUK-YOU-LER.

2) Judge me if you like, but I am still in love with watching Tiger Woods play golf. Yes, I am fully aware of his recent history with cheating on his wife. But regardless of Tiger's personal life, I can still separate golfer from man...and love the golfer. I tend to have a weird objectivity about me, and this goes to a few other celebrities:

a)Michael Jackson - I don't condone any of his "Bad" actions dealing with little boys or how "he makes them feel" (puns totally intended), but I LOVE his music. I aspire to dance like him. I will listen to every song. Doesn't mean I like(d) him as a person.
b) Michael Jordan - cheated on his wife, but I will always watch him shoot.
c) Barry Bonds - did steroids, total ass-hole, but I could watch him swing all day.

3) I got a new phone...the Droid. I have a big boy phone now, and it kicks ass. I am playing with it a little too much right now, but I do know my limits. My little flip phone was enough of an electronic leash...I will monitor this closely.

4) I have a ton of respect for women's collegiate basketball...but the National Championship game was a complete disgrace to their game and reputation. Women's basketball already has the stigma of being "boring", and I do not agree with it. But when the nation's best team (maybe in history) is down 20-12 at halftime (no, that is not a typo), it certainly doesn't help them advertise themselves as exciting. Now, granted, UConn went on something like a 32-5 run to open the second half...but the damage had been done. I enjoy women's basketball, I think they are some of the purest shooters I've ever seen...but when you are featured on a national scale like they were Tuesday night...you gotta put on a show.

5) What do jumping jacks help?






6) Weddings are crazy. When planning for tables/chairs/linens/silverware/plates/mugs and more...who the hell remembers salt and pepper shakers?

7) I really want to go to one of the following places within the next 12-16 months: Greece, Ireland, Scotland, or Australia.

8) I want to own too many dogs. Pugs, Boxers, Labrador Retrievers, Mastiffs, Pitbulls...My house is going to be a kennel.

9) When a bug smashes into your windshield, does he see the car coming? I mean, is he trying to pull up like a fighter pilot avoiding a mountain top, or is he just using his bug antennae as a cell phone to talk to his homeboy Jerry and has a head-on collision without ever seeing the automotive beast coming? I'm telling you, cell phones ruin lives.


10) I apologize for #9. It's amazing I have friends. And a girlfriend. And a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment